Monday, June 22, 2009

Day 8!

Today, we woke up late because our alarm didn't go off. But we got ready in time and went to breakfast. After breakfast, we headed to the bus. Once we were on the bus, we were driving through like the forest. Then we drove ON the beach. That was really cool! After a little while of driving, we got out and walked on the beach. The sand is INCREDIBLY soft! It's beautiful. We ate some muffins, cookies, and drank milk while tehre. Then we hopped back on the "coach" and as we were driving, we saw a dingo! It looks so cute and innocent but it isn't! Haha. So after stopping to see the dingo, we went back through the forest. We saw these trees that have little squiggly lines that look like little kids drew on them with brown markers. They are called the scribble gum trees. There were also trees that looked like they were bleeding. That was used by aboriginals as numbing stuff. So if you had a toothache, they would rub that stuff on your tooth to numb it. While riding, we saw a ship that had wrecked on the beach since the 1800s!! Whatever they do, no one can move that ship! They have tried to tie wires to it and move it.. They have tried so many ways. So finally they just left it there. After seeing that, we went on a walk through the rainforest. It was cold and rainy. But it was cool. Me and Danielk had a good conversation under our umbrella. A little heart to heart :) Then, we met the bus at the end of our trail and headed to Lake Mckenzie. The water was gorgeous! Too bad the water was freezing! So me and a few others went to search for turtles. We didn't see any though :( After an hour there, we got back on the bus, headed back to the resort, chilled, had dinner, hit the hot tub, packed, then bed!

4 comments:

  1. We can't hear "dingo" and not think of Elaine from Seinfeld..."maybe the dingo ate yo baby." LOL! Sounds like you're having a great time. Got your voice back? Love, Aunt Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jesse!
    It's so good to hear from you! Sounds like they are turning you into a morning person. YIKES! I can't wait to see all of the photos you are taking. What an incredible experience you are having!
    Ryan's team has won one and lost one, and bracket play starts tomorrow. Griffin and Kinsey have almost melted, but they are enjoying the beach. Daddy said to tell you he misses you, too. Kinsey slept in your bed every night while we were home. She has me read every one of your posts to her.
    It turns out that we will be getting home Saturday night. Hannah and Emily will still pick you up at the airport, but you can come home to sleep in you own room. Be sure to call us from California. I hope we get to hear from you again while you are there!
    Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kinsey was asleep last night when I posted. She asked me to write one from her this morning:
    "The beach is beautiful. I'm having a very fun time with Bradley and Kate. I wish you could be here. I can ride the waves now on the boogie board. We saw a lot of sand dollars. It is really sandy. We saw a lot of crabs. There is a lot of seaweed. We keep finding it in our swimsuits and hair. Our hotel is beautiful.
    I love you very much!
    Kinsey

    ReplyDelete
  4. aunt leslie- yes! i finally got my voice back!

    mom- haha. no I am not a morning person! just getting better at it. I have SOO many wonderful pictures! and I have so many awesome gifts for everyone! :) kins is the easiest one to buy for so obviously she has very many! ha. I'm glad everyone is doing well! I wanted to buy dad a didgeridoo! but I couldn't so I took a video of this guy playing it for dad. I thought he would like that. aww kins! thanks for reading them to her :) Oh awesome! Yay. I'm glad they will still be at the airport, too. I can maybe hang with Han after church. Yes, a good bed!!!! Yep I will definitely call you when we land in LA. I may be able to call you like the day before we leave but we'll see.

    please tell kinsey- I am so so glad you are having a great time at the beach! I love the beach! We went to a beach here and learned how to surf! and I rode a boogie board too!! Isn't it so much fun? That's awesome that you can! Did you keep any sand dollars or did dad make you put them back on the beach? :) Crabs?! Did you pick any up?? I bet dad did and ry and grif. did mom scream? haha. Eww! Seaweeds feels gross in your swimsuit. Haha. I love you so so much. It's not even funny how much I miss you. You, my dear, have so many gifts!!!! You just be ready :) Haha. I love love love love youu babyy!! I'm so glad I could talk to you for a few minutes today.

    -jess

    ReplyDelete