Friday, June 12, 2009

Last Minute!

Hey guys! I'm almost done packing! I leave tomorrow at 3:30. We are flying out of Nashville. I get back the 27th. I just have last minute stuff to pack. Thank you all of you who contributed! I can't wait!! Everyone in my group is so excited!! Like I said before, I'm not sure how often I will be able to get on, but hopefully enough to keep you guys thoroughly updated! :) Remember how I said I was sure how I could fit everything into my suitcase? Well.. I did! And.. I even put a duffle bag in there, so on the way back I can just throw all my dirty clothes in there then put all the things that I'm gonna buy in my suitcase! Ha :) I'm not nervous yet. Just very very excited! The only thing I am nervous about at this point is, on the plane, they just gave everyone random seats! I may have to sit by strangers for 59834759 hours. Haha :) Hopefully I'll make some new friends! :) Please pray that God gets us there safely and just helps me to learn more about myself and serve Him, even in Australia. Just pray that He would open doors for me to be a light to everyone I come in contact with. Thank you guys! I'll see you in a few weeks! :)

- jess

2 comments:

  1. Wow, girl. You're leaving as I read this. So you will know that I was praying for you right then. HA! Amanda has a couple of good stories about people she sat by for loooong stretches to and from SE Asia. Can't wait to hear yours--be a light wherever you go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jess...woke up thinking about you this morning. Hope you are doing well after such a long flight! Drove over to your house last night and saw your truck in the driveway and it looked like it was already missing you. Cute picture to the left..love ya girl!

    ReplyDelete