Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Day 9!

Today was awesome! We ate breakfast, rode the ferry back to land, then rode in the bus for a few hours and went to the beach! We went body boarding and surfing. First was body boarding. That was so awesome! Me and Matt got really good at it. We rode the waves all the way to the beach like 4 times. The waves were crazy. We would be riding then screaming each others names. Haha. It was such like an adrenaline rush. After that we went surfing! What you do is, lay on your board and wait for a wave. Then when it comes, pull your back leg up and when you get stable enough, twist and stand up. It's ridiculously hard. I actually stood up though! I got to a squatting position like 2 or 3 times but actually stood up at least once. After that we had lunch then went to our hotel. It was beautiful! It had a living room, kitchen, master bedroom, bedroom with 2 twin beds, mast bath, regular bath, 2 balconies, and a flat screen. It was huge! I would have liked to loive there. Then we just had free time til dinner. I washed my clothes. Then dinner was at an Italian place. The waitress had me talk to the chef. Haha. The chef didn't want just plain pasta because she said that was too boring. But eventually she said ok. After dinner, me, Natalie, and a bunch of others went to McDonald's for a McFlurray. Then we went back to our hotel, packed, then went to bed.

4 comments:

  1. Kinsey says: "I'm glad you are having fun in Australia. I miss you! I love you! I have a present for you, too. I am making it right now. I had Griffin throw all the sand dollars off the balcony. I want you to come back with an Australian accent!"

    From Mom: Sounds like the last place that you stayed was gorgeous. How has changing roommates every day worked out? That's so funny that the chef tried to talk you into trying something! Now you can honestly say that people have tried to get you to eat more vairety around the world! I'm glad we got to talk for a couple of minutes yesterday, and Kinsey was very excited to talk to you. Don't forget your brothers, even if they are big pests.:) Also, I haven't gotten hold of Mr. Jeff yet, but I'm sure he will be willing to help us out with our little issue Saturday evening. ;)
    Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica Ann Smeltzer!
    i am so glad your having such a great time in Australia! Too bad i didn't go!
    I MISS & CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU!
    Have fun and write down all your stories for me!
    BTW i drove on split log and i saw your truck. i miss you not being here. All the memories in the truck ahhh.
    i get home on the 28th from the beach i have to see you on the next day!
    :)
    LOVE YOUUU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kins- I can't wait to see it! I'm sure it will be wonderful! I am trying to get an accent! haha. I have some slang terms that I use now though. Love you baby.

    Mom- whenever we get to a new hotel, I'm scared to DEATH about who my nexts roomates are. Haha! But they have all turned out to be wonderful! I actually got with Danielle AND Hanna for the last 3 nights here!! How awesome is that?! Yes, I haven't forgotten the boys! I have some gifts for them too :) I got dad the BEST gift today! He will literally DIE laughing! Like.. You don't understand! Haha. DO NOT tell Mr. Jeff. I guess he won't be too happy about me talking to an 18 year old today....

    KATEY OLIVIA!!!!!!!!!! I have some gifts for you too! I miss you so so freakingg muchh!! Ahh. Things here remind me of you! Haha. I have so so many stories for you. You don't understand. Haha. Let's have a sleepover like the NIGHT after you get back. The 28th is a.. sunday? What time do you get home that night? Let's do it that night! haha. aww I miss my truck! It looks lonely, doesn't it?? ahhhh!! I can't freaking wait to see you baby girr! :)

    ReplyDelete